Cerridwyn is open to general submissions. We are primarily looking for romance of all types and subgenres, including:
- Urban Fantasy
- Science Fiction
- Steam Punk (and other punks)
- Historical (prior to 1920 only)
- Erotic Romance
- Gay, Lesbian, and Bi-sexual Romance
- Between 20,000 and 100,000 words. For print eligibility, minimum 60,000 words.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted, but keep us posted on the current status.
- No pedophilia, bestiality, necrophilia, rape as titillation, etc.
- We only take one submission at a time per author.
- Our contract is for 5 years, requires full rights, including digital and print, and is fully negotiable.
- We contract one book at a time, not a whole series.
- Manuscripts over 60,000 words will be eligible to be produced as a print book, once specific criteria are met.
- We do not offer advances. We are strictly a royalty based company.
- Author is expected to assist in the marketing of their book.
- As part of the contract, author will contribute to publisher blog once per month.
How to Submit
All submissions must be sent by email. Hard copy submissions will not be considered or returned.
All submissions must include the following:
- Short query letter
- First three chapters of your manuscript
- A synopsis (no more than 2 pages long)
In the body of the email please include a short query letter. In the query, please include the following:
- Full author contact information, including pen name if applicable
- Brief bio of the author including any previous books
- Proposed Title, word count, and genre of the proposed book
- A short (1 paragraph) blurb
- Information on further books planned, if series
- Information if your manuscript is being considered elsewhere
In separate documents attached to the same email, attach the first three chapters of your completed manuscript and a synopsis (no more than 2 pages not including the required cover page). The synopsis must include details of the whole plot and the end of the book, even if it is a surprise.
- Files must be named: Title_intitials_Man and Title_Initials_Synopsis
- Files should be RTF or .doc format. All others will not be considered.
- Author name, book title, genre, and manuscript word count should appear on the front page of your manuscript
The cover page of your synopsis must include the following information:
- Author’s real name/ Pen Name
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email
- Working Title (including series name if applicable)
- Word Count
- Blurb (less than 300 words)
When you are ready to submit, please send your submission to: email@example.com
Please allow 3-4 weeks for a personal reply.
- 50% of the net sales on single author ebooks sold directly through Cerridwyn
- 40% of the net sales on single author ebooks sold through third-party venders (e.g. Smashwords, Amazon, B&N Nook, All Romance, Fictionwise)
- 15% of the net slaes on single author print books, with a 3% reserve against returns.
- Multiple author books will split the above royalty percentages equally.
All Royalties are paid via Paypal for now. Other options maybe available at a later date.
Royalties from books sold through Cerridwyn are paid monthly. Royalties from third-party venders are paid to Cerridwyn, then to authors, on a quarterly basis. Print royalties are paid biannually.